Saturday, January 23, 2021

Musical 2020 - Part 2: Electro

Oh that synth and beatmaker make me happy, you can even throw in some vocals as well. More importantly this year; it helps me focus. Electro enhances my sensory experience, whether it be grinding through drawings and modeling or biking at night under city lights. There's a soundtrack for almost every activity. 

Here is Jimbo's best of Electro 2020:



My history shows a tendency to side with singles and EPs when finding good Electro, but a bunch of these talents produced full albums this year. Hell yeah!  They are quite the blessing. These albums can help with work and passing time without too much lyrical distraction. Some names very familiar others very new. Give one of these a try for productivity:

Liam Back   Don't Cry, Honey, It's Just a Game

Mild Minds   MOOD

Amtrac   Oddyssey

RJD2  The Fun Ones

Photay  Walking Hours 

TOKiMONSTA   Oasis Nocturno 

Tycho   Simulcast

CFCF   Liquid Colors

Affelaye   Clockwork Visit


I'm always open for new tunes so never hesitate to send 'em my way! Feel free to comment or reach out if you wanna discuss any tracks.

No comments: