Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's Up!!!

Currently on the North wall in the West corridor of Givens Hall on the campus of the Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Arts at Washington University stands my graphic journal from my entire year of 2009. All of the intriguing stuff I collected from 9 different countries this past year is on display in a chronological mapping till the end of March.
If there is two things I learned while pinning up... and collaging and binder clipping and readjusting my exhibit, one is to not underestimate my ability to hoard shit, and the second is the collective value of friendship. This is a rare and awkward cheesy cameo for me on CCB but friends really do bring out the best in you and ultimately want to help you succeed.


Brendan was a great attribute. I don't think there is a greater love-hate relationship between anybody else in the world. We tend to heckle and exchange barbs all day. In the end he was happy to tee up all my crap

Saint Joneaux (JB Dowse) as always was a positive inspiration and assistance.

This is Jordan Elyse Adsit aka PIE! I'm sure you recognize her, I was lucky to have her in both Helsinki and Seoul and she was unlucky to have me as her roommate both semesters. Ha! We had a blast! I'm sorry if she appears a bit blurry in this photo but that couldn't describe her mentality any better. She is such a fast, efficient worker and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to help me pin up. She's a great designer especially while helping, thanks Pie!


Nick helped with supplying some of the materials


My history professor from Seoul was visiting our school and program, he enjoyed the exhibit.


I'm really happy with how it turned out and I'm certain my friends had a fun time putting it up, certainly more fun than me. Thanks also to Anna Lask, Shirley Banker, Willie Mak and Vaclav Malek.

1 comment:

Jordan E said...

I love you, Pie! I am so happy you got to curate your exhibit, and I am honored I was asked to help.