Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tunes 09.#1

A friend of mine once said "if you copy one thing it is plagiarizing but if you copy a lot of things it's called research." So before 2009 is two months finished I should probably post some of MY favorite tunes I have discovered.


Phoenix Jukebox (Myspace)
From reading some blogs it seems pretty day and night the way Mash-ups are perceived, in one day out the next. But this guy or guys (not really sure) are amazing. Paul Simon, Fifty Cent and Enrique getting along as well as Chromeo, Whitney Houston and Digitalism. Quite amazing, also the beginning of "You Better Stop" is quite hilarious.
Phoenix Jukebox - We Goin Down

Oren Lavie (Myspace)
Found this last night, and fell in love with it. It's kind of funny, the lyrics are a bit melancholy, but I find it happy and optimistic. I guess I would say its like a "walking in the rain" song; when something appears gloomy but can actually be enjoyable. The music video is pretty cool also.
Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance

Russ Chimes remixes Justin Faust (Myspace)
I have been on a Technodisco-new wave kick lately and this one definitely suites it. It keeps me going and I dig the bittersweet twangy ending.
Justin Faust - Revenge (Russ Chimes Remix)

No comments: