Friday, January 15, 2010

Panamania, Part II

A lot of people have asked me why I'm going to Panama. To make a long story short: I had some time, I had some money and this seemed like a unique way to help people in need. I don't know how much help I'll be but we'll see. Plus, it will be a great opportunity for several other reasons. But, for the most part I don't really know what to expect.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is going to be rough. I leave from NYC at 6 AM. I get into Panama City at 2 PM at which point I have to get my bags, get through customs, get a cab and get to Panama City's other airport for my other flight which leaves at 4 PM. That's the last flight of the day so if I don't make it I have to spend the night in Panama City and try to get a flight the next day. The odds aren't exactly stacking up in my favor. But, some of the other volunteers are in the same boat so I may meet up with them tomorrow night.

No comments: