Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Panamania

In the pre-dawn glimmer of Monday morning I heard the USS Jimbo fire up and shove off from our driveway. I peeked out the window to see it sputter towards the Great Midwest and thus ending Jimbo's year of exotic adventures.

Jimbo will be in St. Louis for the next year finishing up his architecture degree so he asked his big brother to take over the ol' CCB blog. I'm leaving for Panama on Friday to volunteer in a small mountain village for 5 weeks. I think Jimbo figured that Boquete, Panama is a little more exotic and provide a bit better material than St. Louis, Missouri which he refers to as 'SLo Mo'.

My blogging abilities differ from Jimbo's in many ways. For example, I don't know anything about architecture, even less about music and my photography skills are non-existent. The last time I took a photo of something it was with one of those disposable cameras that probably don't exist anymore. And eventhough I hold an English degree from one of our most expensive (and therefore best) universities, little Jimbo, an architard, is a better writer than me. This is a source of deep personal shame as it puts me third (out of 3) on the sibling depth chart.

However, Jimbo and I are similar in that we both have gigantic Godzilla-like calves that astonish Asian people on subways. Wait til the Panamanians get a load of these gams.

I'll try to keep everyone updated on what goes on in Panama. I'm not sure how much computer access I will have there but they want us to keep a journal so I will try to use CCB as journal when I can.

No comments: